Termites are a major threat to most residential properties with two out of three homes in Australia having a termite infestation at some point. This high rate of infestation makes it one of the most costly problems faced by homeowners with damage repair and removal costs estimated at 1.5 billion dollars per year – according to a 2012 report. If a termite infestation goes unnoticed for a long period of time it will eventually progress to visible damage to drywalls, hard floors, plaster, siding, and other building materials.
Related Post: What are the signs of Termite Infestation?
In addition to the cost of dealing with the infestation itself as well as repairs, significant damage may weaken the structure and supports of the framing that keeps a building intact. In order to repair structural damage, a contractor may have to pull up sections of flooring and tear down walls to access the source and determine the extent of the damage. The best way to avoid the risk of these high costs is to employ the services of a professional pest control company like Rockypest to inspect your home for termite treatment in Perth and curb the problem to prevent further damage.
5 Tips To Prevent Termite Infestation
- Have your property professionally evaluated on a regular basis by highly experienced technicians who have extensive knowledge and reliable equipment to detect the source of nesting and breeding areas in your home with accuracy.
- If you suspect a problem, contact your local Rockypest branch in the Perth area immediately. An inspector will be able to quickly and accurately assess the problem and recommend a course of action to eradicate the termite colony. While waiting for the inspector to arrive do not disturb the area or try to kill the termites with poison.
- Carefully follow the recommendations and advice of the pest control technicians to prevent a termite re-infestation in the future.
- Because termites mainly attack wooden structures and are attracted to moist and dense vegetation, prevent any moisture build-up from leaky taps and remove any timber, paper, and cardboard lying around in the home or yard.
- Your termite inspector is able to identify areas in your home that need attention in order to avoid a future termite infestation. These include storing firewood or keeping unused timber in direct contact with the ground against the side or under the house. Keep weep holes clear of vegetation and avoid plants and trees growing up close against the house.
The best way to avoid high costs is to identify the problem early and treat the infestation before further damage can occur. The cost of the termite treatment will vary depending on the type of termite infestation and how advanced it is. In some cases, a simple spray dusting or foam treatment that specifically targets visible insects may eliminate a local infestation. However, if the problem is extensive, the entire house may need to be treated and a termite barrier will be needed to protect your home from further infestations.
Termite infestation is a serious problem that can affect the health of everyone in a home in addition to causing significant and costly damage to the structure of the building. Rockypest Pest Management in Perth can help protect your home with the perfect solution for any pest infestation you may have. Contact us today to find out more about how our professional services can help you keep your home healthy and free of harmful pests.